Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Concert


Just so you don't think I have totally forgotten that it is Advent and we are preparing for Christmas, I thought I'd post proof that we have been celebrating. Ann Bennett was old enough to be in the Christmas concert, play, cantata, whatever, for the first time this year. She surprised me and tried out for a speaking part. She had a part, and we had a lot of rehearsals! This is the video of the dress rehearsal. We were proud of her for learning her lines. All of the narrator angels had cards with their lines just in case, but she never needed it.



I don't really know if Ann Bennett is up for many of these plays though. She was pretty tired and scattered by the end of the 2 hour rehearsals! The next video is of Ann Bennett (and Bryant's I think) favorite song. It's just part of it, because, really, do you want to see the whole thing? Saturday night during the performance, the boy in the back on the left really got rockin' and had everyone laughing. His parents weren't amused and talked to him about it, so it was missing Sunday morning. But, the Sassers felt Thomas's dance moves enhanced the show.



Bryant did not participate in the play or in choir for that matter. I hate it, but it's just not his thing. Plus, he had baseball and other conflicts. However, he did make it to a lot of the rehearsals shuttling AB back and forth. He knew most of the lines in the play and all of the songs. I wish I could have convinced him, but it was certainly NOT a battle I was willing to fight.

Ann Bennett's friend from school and church, Preston. Believe it or not, they are both 1st graders. I think AB had on her clogs that morning which give her some extra height, but st


We hope you are having a fabulous Christmas, and in the words of the Christmas play, I hope that the child has found ways to rock your world. (Jesus, in case that isn't clear ;0)

No comments: