Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Halloween!

First off, it's been a little crazy around here the past couple of weeks, so we never made it to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin. But, I win the bad Halloween Mommy Award because I didn't even get one at the grocery store. So, on Halloween, AB was about to have a fit to carve our pumpkin, which of course meant we had to find a pumpkin. I wasn't really worried though. I was sure there would be a few at the grocery store, but you know what? There was not one anywhere! Nana and Pop were already planning to come over before we headed out for Trick-or-Treating, and Mandy is always festive and prepared. So, we called them, and Nana saved me! She had a pumpkin, and they brought it to carve with us.

It takes a lot of people to clean out a pumpkin.

I know there are all kind of cool carving kits, and we even have an inexpensive one. But, Pop is old school when it comes to pumpkin carving. Give him a giant knife and a little girl with a plan, and he can conquer the pumpkin!

Next, I had to get pictures of the kids in costume, just in case I didn't get a chance later. Bryant very wisely requested a picture by himself. I'm glad he did. It turned out much better than any of the pics of them together. Plus, he is not sure if he is going to trick-or-treat again. If this is the last one, I'm glad I have a pic. You might be thinking this picture looks a little familiar. If so, you're right. Bryant wore this same thing last year. I might not get a pumpkin, but I've had enough costume issues to know to be prepared. So, early in October I started asking him what he wanted to be. He said, he'd just wear one of his jerseys or something. He never changed his mind, and he was perfectly happy in this. Plus, we didn't spend 2 cents on it! I think he likes it because he can play football at the party/dinner before heading out.

Ann Bennett on the other hand, looked through every magazine that came our way. She decided she liked a "car hop" outfit. However, I thought it was entirely too short, so I made one. She picked out the materials, oh and Kristine -- who made the amazing costume AB wore last year -- made the hat for her. I've been amazed at the number of people who don't know what a car hop is! We never found the saddle oxfords she wanted, but when it came down to it, she was happy without them. I was happy not to have spent the money on shoes for one night!
For the past few years, we have gone to some friends' neighborhood and done Halloween together. We did this again this year. It starts with a party/dinner in the park. Ann Bennett was a little freaked out to see Anne Cathryn as this scary creature. It was a little better when blond headed AC lost her black wig. You can see AB's somewhat confused/apprehensive look on her face! I found it kind of funny that both Bryant and Mac's costumes were the same this year as last. Well, Mac adapted his. He had a new hat, and a different blanket I think. But, he was still a Carolina fan. Mac says he's going to be this for the rest of his life, so if B does dress up next year, I think he should be an obnoxious State fan!

I think Frances' costume was a little more comfortable for AB, and I know all the girls were happy to be together.

Not the best picture of AB, but she's with Lily - a friend from church. We lost her by the time we were trick-or-treating, but they had fun together before hand!

Last, heading out to get some treats. Griffith, Frances and AB. Somehow I missed getting a picture of AC and Mac's brother, Dean -- aka Michael Jackson. I also don't have any more pictures of the boys at the party because they were too busy chasing the girls and throwing the football to stand still for me.

No comments: