Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome

Over 9 years ago, my friend Laura had her first child, and Bryant was about 6 months old. Being the smart gal that Laura is, she found a website for us to use to keep people updated on our kids. It was called growthspurts -- I think? Anyway, it was basically a baby book type site. It had a place to enter height/weight stats, developmental milestones and something like 10 pictures. I think there was even a place to give a short written update. I did it for a bit, but I also kept a calendar at home of this info. Thank goodness I had the written info because, bam, one day all of the info was gone! I tell you all this to say, that I think we were actually "blogging" back then. We just didn't call it that, and it disappeared on us!

Fast forward 9 years. Many of my friends with young children have blogs, and I enjoy reading them both near and far. Not as many friends with school age kids have blogs, but I decided I was going to try anyway. I am a horrible scrapbooker. Bryant's first 14 months of life are in a book, and Ann Bennett made it home from the hospital. I have tons of pictures, but I'm hoping this will help me keep track of some of the details of our life. Plus, I found with Mom's Caringbridge site, that I enjoy writing. Maybe this will encourage me to do a little more of that.

So, my first challenge in this world was what to name our blog. One friend's blog is Leger Life, and I thought I'd copy her idea (thanks Kelley). I started searching for an "s" word to go with Sasser. I didn't like saga all that much at first because to me it sounds very dramatic or "Days of Our Lives ish." We have enough drama in our lives, and I didn't want to encourage that! When I looked up saga, I found the following: a narrative of achievements and events in the history of a personage, family, etc. I think that fits for what this blog will probably be. I'd love to say I'm going to have bright, witty, interesting stories. But, it will probably be more of the story of our family. Hopefully it won't be zapped into internet land somewhere like last time!

4 comments:

Legergang said...

I love it! And the pics are great! Good luck with school tom. Talk to ya soon!

Sandy P said...

I like the picture of the kids! It looks good. I have not gotten the pictures from Dad, but I will work on it.

Karen said...

You have always been an excellent writer! I look forward to reading your saga!

Whitlamy said...

YEAH! Now I can keep up with you guys and learn more about your family. I can't believe how old your kids look in that above photo. If you want, I can make you a blog heading with it...kind of like Sandy's site. Just let me know. No pressure if you don't want one.