Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dad and Carolyn Visit

OK, I just lost my first post on blogger. UGHH! Fortunately (one of Bryant's spelling words this week), I had just started. Anyway, I'm very behind with my blogging, but I'm determined to catch up. Dad and Carolyn visited the weekend before Halloween. As usual, Dad helped us get some things done around the house. Carey always feels like we abuse Dad when he comes here, but the man likes to have a project. This trip, he repaired a window, fixed the swing set, hung a coat rack in AB's room, fixed the chain on the chainsaw and helped cut down a tree, bush and part of another tree. Ann Bennett believes Grandpa can fix anything. When something breaks, AB very often says, "Maybe Grandpa can fix it." We are so thankful he is here to help us, and I'm especially thankful that I learned to at least try to do things on my own. I'm not the greatest, but I guess I learned a little from being Dad's reluctant assistant. Thanks Dad.

We did manage to have a little fun. We went to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. While it is not the Atlanta Aquarium, it's still a really good aquarium, and it's a lot easier to get into!

The snakes were really active and came right up to the glass. It must have been close to feeding time because I have never seen them this agitated. It was creepy and kind of cool at the same time.


The alligators were all swimming up close to the glass as well, except for this one napping beside the water. Well, his eye is open, so I guess he was just resting.




The touch tank. AB's dislike of shrimp apparently extends to touching sea creatures as well. It took a lot of coaxing to get her to stick her hands in the tank. She never touched the horseshoe crabs, but she touched the starfish and some other creature with prickly spines, but I can't remember what it was. Bryant on the other hand was far enough in the water to get his shirt wet.


Bryant inside the crab, AB had to be convinced this was safe too.

On the trails outside the aquarium.

Requisite silly picture. Do your kids think a silly pic is always necessary?

P.S. The adults were able to eat shrimp without AB pitching a stink fit for it even being at the table. I think that might be progress. Baby steps!

No comments: