Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Double Digits


I don't know how it happened, but my big guy is 10! Sometimes we drive each other crazy, but I'm so proud of him. He just had a fantastic report card. He's working hard to get physically stronger. He's memorizing his Bible verses for Sunday school and growing in faith. And, in general, I see him making more sense of the world. He asks really interesting questions. He's also lucky to have some good friends, and he's learning what it means to be a good friend and team mate. I'm so thankful to have a son in my life. He's taught me a lot, and he is certainly my first born. I hope he knows how much we love him.
Anyway, today is his birthday, and it was also the annual Turkey Trot at school. About 10 boys and 10 girls from grades 3-5 qualify for the race. They run a mile and the best times are entered. Well, Bryant made it into the race. Today he ran a mile in about 7 minutes! (Carey says 7 min 6 sec to be precise.) To me, that is doggone fast! The winner ran it under 6 minutes. I was a bit worried about B this year because he was home sick yesterday. He finished about the middle of the pack. Being a non running kind of person, this is one of the most amazing things my child has done. I wonder what kind of a runner he would be if he did ANY training. I kept telling him and Tanner (our neighbor who was also in the race) to go practice, but neither one of them would listen to me.
Mark, Garren (2nd place, 6 minute mile), Brad, Bryant


Finish line in sight!

More birthday updates to come. We're having our first spend the night birthday party this weekend, so pray for patience!

1 comment:

Sandy P said...

I was wondering what you were doing for his birthday. By the way I thought you were saying B was "homesick" not home sick. I was trying to figure out where he went to get homesick.