Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Ann Bennett decided last year what she wanted to be this year, and she stuck with it. She wanted to be the Amercian Girl Doll, Elizabeth. For those of you not versed in AGDs, she is from the 1700 Colonial times. Ann Bennett was delighted to actually be Felicity -- Elizabeth's friend. We have to thank Annabelle, who loaned us her costume, and Kristine who MADE this beautiful dress. Ann Bennett loved it and felt like a princess. I was thankful she wasn't in a "hoocha momma" costume! Ann Bennett's only disappointment was that it was cold, so she had to wear a shirt under it.


Bryant could not decide what to be. He was going to be a hobo -- where he even knew that word, I don't know. He thought about being Harry Potter and then a mummy. The day before Halloween, I was on the internet trying to figure out how to throw together a mummy costume, but I decided if he wasn't concerned I wasn't going to be either. He's almost 10! He finally decided to be a football player, Phillip Rivers. He's a former NC State player now playing pro. I was happy since it cost me NO money this year.


Dean (A-Rod), B (Rivers), Mac (Carolina Man), Marshall (hobo)
Anne Catherine (Laura Ingalls Wilder) and Ann Bennett

The whole crew -- that's Griffith as Dracula

The proper ladies curtsying at the block party.

The boys move so fast it's hard to get pics of actually trick or treating!



AB found this crazy headband when we got out the pumpkins and wanted me to wear them. I decided to be festive. Carey stayed home and passed out candy.



Back at AC's house after trick-or-treating. Wendy's twin 1 year old neices went with us for a while, but the girls could not really get their hands on them. When we got home, those babies and their mom were troopers! The girls were picking them up. Ann Bennett's held babies, but usually she is sitting down with someone handing the child to her. This time she was picking them up off the floor and holding them on your hip as you do with a baby. It was kind of cute to see, but I was a nervous wreck! I did not want to make a trip to the ER on halloween.
Anyway, I hope your halloween was fun, and I really hope the candy doesn't create horrible behavior for the next month! I forgot to take a picture of all the candy the kids brought home, but trust me, there's a ton.

1 comment:

Whitlamy said...

Rene-
They look adorable. Don't tell Bryant I said that :)