Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We Survived

Just so there's proof that Bryant actually played baseball this fall, I thought I'd post a picture or two. After all, we've spent every Tuesday and Thursday night at the ballpark. There should be some proof. This first picture is of Bryant getting ready to bunt. He pulled back because a ball was thrown, but you get the idea. Cason is on third ready to run home, and Carey's the third base coach.
I like this one because you can see the ball. The game was tied at this point, 6-6. Bryant was walked this at bat. He stole second. The next batter was also walked to get the bases loaded, and the next batter hit a grand slam. It was very exciting because the next batter got a hit, stole a base and scored for the 5th run that inning. In our league, you can only get 5 runs in any inning, unless you're behind. But, that rule is complicated, so I won't go into it. The boys moved quickly and the other team got to finish their "at bat" before the game ended. They didn't score any, so the final score was 11-6. As I said before, beating the Tarheels in anything is a good day in the Sasser boys' minds!


Ann Bennett as usual entertained herself with things other than baseball. Here she is with Kate, the sister of the boy who hit the grand slam. She was not happy that I made her wear long underwear and her "Colorado coat." She says it makes her too fat. I never thought I'd hear that from such a youngster! But, she was happy to have the coat and her gloves (even though they are Dora, and she's way too old for Dora now) at the ball park last night. I was thankful for my sweater, coat, scarf and blanket. It was COLD!

As Ann Bennett says these days, peace out. Who knows where that came from!?

1 comment:

The Weikels said...

Rene - I totally agree on the cold, dark baseball. That's why my kids swim. In the summer it is warm & fun and in the winter it is indoors, warm & fun. Think about it...also, how is the DC cold turkey thing going?
Aunt Beth