Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day as a preschool teacher, at least since I've had children, and if you don't count Sunday School or VBS or play group, but you know what I mean. I'm actually earning a paycheck for this one. Anyway, I am co-teaching the toddler class at the preschool where my kids went to preschool. I'm working with a friend (Janet) whose son (Marshall) has been one of Bryant's closest friends for life. Our younger kids are also good friends. In fact, our older boys started school out in this same class in the fall of 2000. They were in a class of 11 -- with 9 of them being boys. One of the teachers "retired" after our class. The other one works across the hall from us. Today was a fun but crazy day! We have 10 kids, and about half of them were crying today. But, they all liked going outside, snack and singing their blessing, so for a bit everyone was happy. At least we had an extra person with us today, and what do you expect with toddlers? I was so fortunate that neither of my children EVER cried when going to school. They were happy to be there and loved every moment of it -- as did I. I'm excited to see these little ones grow over the next year and to know that their families are getting at least a little break.

No comments: