Friday, September 19, 2008

First Soccer Game - AB

Ann Bennett has somehow made it to 6 without ever playing soccer. Shocking, I know! She never ASKED to play, and we have so many blooming games to go to with Bryant that I didn't push it. She tried t-ball last fall, but once she'd tried it, she was done. Well, now that she's in U7 for soccer, it's all girls. She's on a team with lots of her friends. They have an Ann Bennett, Anne Catherine and Anna Dudly on her team. Those poor coaches have a hard time knowing which Ann name to use! Anyway, it's been a great experience. Her coaches are great. Both are fathers of girls in AB's school. One's daughter broke her arm in August, so she's not even getting to play. We're so lucky to still have him helping with the team, and we hope Grayson makes it back before the season ends!
AB throwing in the ball.


AB is #8. I wasn't sure she'd stay with the ball when it was so hot, but she did.

Her favorite part - chatting with friends. Notice Grayson's cast.

Anne Catherine, Ann Bennett, Mary Archer, Lydia, Grayson, Coach Stuart watching. My favorite picture of the day!

We actually had 2 games this weekend. The previous weekend we were rained out by Hanna. We lost on Saturday, but I guess Sunday counts as a win. Only 2 kids from the other team showed up. Their coach wasn't even there. The girls didn't care. They still scrimmaged and got in some extra practice. I think this is going to be a great experience for AB. She has a lot to learn, but she seems really interested in going. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Sandy P said...

Maybe she can teach Carson!

Karen said...

Lauren says, "post more videos!" Now she's laughing because she sees her name.

Navigating this sports thing is tough. This year, DAvid ended up the only 3rd grader on a 2nd/3rd grade team. After he got past the first week, which was filled with rage and tantrums, he told the other kids "I've been playing soccer since I was 4, now I'm 8 and my daddy put me on the wrong team"

At least he's playing.

Your the best friend ever - Lauren told me to write that but it's true so I put it in.

Love,
k