Monday, August 24, 2009

Last Day of Summer

EVERY year since my children started preschool I have been ready for school to start. When they were preschoolers, I loved their preschool so much, and they were so happy there that we were delighted when it started. Last summer you might have heard me say there was nothing like summer vacation to make you appreciate public school. But, this year, I am just not ready for summer to end. We have had such a good summer! We decided not to have Bryant considered for all stars this summer, and I think that was the BEST decision we have made in a long time. It slowed the pace of our summer, let us all get some much needed sleep and really set the start of our summer off right! But, today was the last day of summer vacation. Ann Bennett spent the morning with her very good friend who will be moving to NY next week. Bryant, AB and I went to the beach this afternoon with our friends the Colemans and the Brownings. I had my camera and never took it out! The beach was gorgeous. The waves were a little rough, but the boys are all big enough and strong enough swimmers that they can boogy board just fine. The girls played in the water and sand for a long time, and I even had a little time to sit and chat with my friends. It was a great afternoon. Bryant always likes to end the summer with putt-putt, so tonight the whole family went to play. It was a really nice way to end the summer. None of us are really ready for school to start. This age has its challenges, but it is mostly a lot of fun!

Bryant and Carey in the basketball challenge -- Carey smoked him!
Bryant wearing AB's sunglasses and being silly. He's going to love me for posting this one!
As Carey says when he gives the score, Ann Bennett is "having fun." But, she and I both made a hole in one on the first hole, so we each won a free game! The funny thing is that the very first time she ever played putt putt, the same thing happened on this very hole. After that, she took the max for every hole. She's making progress, but for now, she's having fun. And, with our free games, we can go practice some more.
So, that's how we spent our last day of summer. I really hope next year is as much fun as this year was!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I DID get your comment on Nathan's song and was so glad to hear that it created such wonderful dialogue between you and your daughter.

I absolutely love Chris Rice's music; it's good stuff.

Blessingds!